Welcome to our Carers Shop, including handpicked services and products to help you.
As a social business we invest our profits into our mission to support family carers all over the UK.
- All Products and Services
- Back Care
- Bed and Chair Care
- Dressing and Comfort
- Eating and Drinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Home Meals
- Household and Kitchen
- Leisure and Wellness
- Local Carer Services
- Moving and Handling
- National Services
- Physical Therapy
- Technology Enabled Care
- Wheelchair Accessories
- Wheelchair Cushions
The Uccello Kettle is a safe and elegant assistive technology that makes handling boiling water safely seem effortless. It opens up a world of confidence and independence for anyone who wishes to handle boiling water safely. Unlike other kettles and kettle-tippers, the circular shape of the Uccello Kettle, combined with its rotating cradle, moves around the body of water to assist the flow of the pour, so you don’t have to lift, strain, balance or aim. The positioning and shape of the ergonomically designed Uccello handle means weight is distributed across the entire arm, not on fingers and wrists, which makes it easier to handle comfortably. While most kettles require that you awkwardly lift and hold open the spout while refilling, the Uccello’s one touch to open hinged lid, requires the lightest of touches to tap open or close. Uccello’s detachable water body vessel sits comfortably within a sturdy base that has the added safety of non slip feet for further stability of pour. The black and white contrast design of the Kettle colours helps individuals with dementia and low visibility differentiate the important parts of the Kettle, including the easy touch lid button. This elegant feature is also a safety feature. From first to last drop of boiling water, the tapered design of the spout ensures water is targeted to the same spot every time, without the splashing, inconsistency or lack of control experienced with ordinary kettle pours.With so much peace of mind including a wide opening for easy filling, quiet boiling and auto shut off protection from overheating Uccello brings you the next level in safe, elegant and effortless assistive technology. 1.5 litre (6 cup) capacity.
Bridgit is the easy to use technology that Bridges the gap between family carers and their loved ones. Enabling individuals to stay living independently in the their own homes for longer.Bridgit simply attaches to the front of your fridge via it's inbuilt magnets (or fixing kit) and is available in a number of different colours. The internal sensors passively collect 40 different data points from the elderly user and their home, as well as providing an accessible interface to send and receive simple messages and health assessments.
- Easy to use - No wires or phone line needed. Simple to use screen and 6 week battery life.
- Simple to install - Just take out of box, charge and place on fridge via magnets or the simple fixing kit.
- Discreet - Single unit monitors health and home conditions to inform & flag issues.
- Supportive - Supporting you with calendar reminders, appointments, weather information and messages.
- Extendable - Options to link to Alexa and other health sensors in the home via it's Bluetooth hotspot (e.g. BP monitors).
Supreme comfort and stability. - Specially shaped into three sections to hold you snugly - The lumbar section gently supports your back - Side sections give fantastic lateral support - Use in bed or your favourite chair - Comfy fibre filling - Fitted pillowcase available - Size: 78 (span) x 70 (H) cm (30¾x27½"). If this product is showing as out of stock (red dot), please note that as we manufacture this product on site it can normally be manufactured and available within 2/3 days of receiving your order.
Award winning comfort. - UK's top selling professional orthopaedic pillow - Unique moulded shape together with the pressure relieving properties of memory foam make this the perfect sleeping partner - Fitted inner and zipped outer case as standard - additional cases available. If this product is showing as out of stock (red dot), please note that as we manufacture this product on site it can normally be manufactured and available within 2/3 days of receiving your order.
Used and recommended by clinicians and healthcare professionals for more than 15 years. It is moulded from cold cast polyurethane foam to offer added support. Its unique design has helped many thousands of people achieve the ultimate nights sleep. It is fitted inner and removable slipover case as standard (except the travel pillow which has a zipped Harley velour pillow case). If this product is showing as out of stock (red dot), please note that as we manufacture this product on site it can normally be manufactured and available within 2/3 days of receiving your order.
An easy to stand safety handle and swivel tray. This new, patented invention features an ergonomic grip handle that provides support in and out of any sofa, chair or recliner. Attached to the handle is a dual pivoting tray that rotates 360 degrees to allow for the most convenient placement. Tray includes a cup holder and extended compartment, perfect for keeping handy items close by.
This subscription is in conjunction with your Bridgit Watch, the easy to use technology that Bridges the gap between family carers and their loved ones. You will need the following details to complete your subscription purchase:
- Watch Serial Number (S/N)
- The Watch MAC
- Your Watch Order Number
Many do not recognise themselves as carers.They are parents, grandparents, children, partners, friends or neighbours doing what needs to be done to maintain a quality of life for those they are looking after. Sunderland Carers Centre is here to help you. Whether you are caring for young children, parents, grandparents, extended family members or friends, by adopting a “whole family” approach. Each member of a family will experience different caring roles and Sunderland Carers aim is to identify and support every need.
Enjoy wireless freedom at home with an elegant cordless phone that requires no fixed landline and combines a speakerphone for hands free operation with separated keys featuring large, easy to read characters. Unlike other cordless phones, the handset is equipped with a SIM card for connecting to a cellular network, so you can also use it to send and receive both SMS and MMS messages. And with longer range than conventional cordless phones, you may also find yourself enjoying calls out in the garden.
Always dependable – always there. The Doro 8050 is the smartphone you can rely on to make staying in touch with family and friends simple and enjoyable. The result of years of experience working closely with seniors to ensure our products and services meet your specific wants and needs, the Doro 8050 truly is the simply easy Android smartphone. Not only does it offer loud and clear sound, as well as an excellent visual experience and easy to use camera for taking and sharing great photos. It also features an intuitive interface to simplify everything you want to do – especially helpful if you’re new to Android. And Doro's signature Response button means help is always within reach, providing peace of mind for both you and your relatives. It is also durably built in case you accidentally drop it – simple, easy and safe.
- Amazon's most popular smart speaker: now with a fabric design and improved speaker for richer and louder sound.
- Voice control your music: stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, TuneIn and others. You can also listen to audiobooks from Audible.
- Bigger, better sound: pair with a second Echo Dot for rich, stereo sound. Fill your home with music with compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
- Ready to help: ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices and more.
- Connect with others: call almost anyone hands free including UK mobile and residential numbers (from UK only), other Echo devices, Alexa app and Skype. Link your Vodafone account to make and receive mobile calls. Instantly drop in on other rooms in your home or make an announcement to every room with a compatible Echo device.
- Alexa has skills: with tens of thousands of skills, Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, playing games and more.
- Voice control your smart home: turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors and more, with compatible connected devices.
- Designed to protect your privacy: built with multiple layers of privacy protection and control, including a Microphone Off button that electronically disconnects the microphones.
Echo Show 8 | 2nd generation (2021 release), HD smart display with Alexa and 13 MP camera | Glacier White
- Alexa can show you even more: 8" HD touchscreen, adaptive colour and stereo speakers bring entertainment to life. Make video calls with a 13 MP camera that uses auto-framing to keep you centred.
- Stay in frame: make video calls with a new camera that frames and centres automatically. Simply ask Alexa to call your contacts.
- Make life easier at home: glance at your calendars and reminders. Use your voice to set timers, update lists, and see news or traffic updates.
- Manage your smart home: look in when you're away with the built-in camera. Control compatible devices like cameras, lights and more using the interactive display or your voice.
- Be entertained: enjoy TV programmes and films in HD and stereo with Prime Video, Netflix and more. Ask Alexa to stream Amazon Music, Apple Music or Spotify.
- Put your memories on display: use Amazon Photos to turn your Home screen into a digital frame. Adaptive colour helps your favourite photos look great in any light.
- Designed to protect your privacy: electronically disconnect the microphones and camera with the press of a button. Slide the built-in cover to close the camera.
Meet the stylish, lightweight mid top that’s in a league of its own. Crafted for comprehensive comfort with a cushioned midsole, smooth linings, ample interior padding, and a luxurious (removable) memory foam insole. On-trend styling features suede leather and fabrics engineered for breathability while the patented Easy Shoe Access technology creates an uncomplicated and joyful experience every time. Experience hassle-free on-and-off with patented rear Easy Shoe Access. ESA creates larger entry portals and is easier to pull than straight, lateral, or wrap- around zippers. Absorb shock and alleviate pain with removable memory foam footbeds featuring dual density heel, arch, and metatarsal support. Lateral support, anti-slip stability, and smooth, breathable linings for all-day comfort and security. Wide-expanding upper and generous toe-box depth accommodates width requirements, swelling, orthotics, and AFO/SMO. A shockingly lightweight mid top trainer weighing in under 260 grams.