This statement covers the Bridgit Online support tool.
This online support tool is run by Bridgit Care. We want as many family carers as possible to be able to use this online tool. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We have completed an assessment of our site and the following areas should be noted
- we use a google translate feature (at the bottom of the page). This does not have fully justified text however should still be compatible with all screen readers.
- there are dome radio buttons on the support tool report are used to select content. These are not used for entering data into a form so shouldn\’t present any issues.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on your report in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- call +44 345 548 1654
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 5 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of the online support tool. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:
- call +44 345 528 0008
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Bridgit Care (part of Upstream Outcomes Limited) is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Content from other providers that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents that we link out to on other sites are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with supportign inforamtion that we link to helping carers form organisations like Age UK and Carers UK.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This website was last tested on 8th April 2022. The test was carried out by WordPress Rifat including hte following elements in scope :
- Full website WCAG accessibility audit
- Keyboard Navigation, Focus Check & Fix
- Form/ Popup Check & Fix
- Add Image ALT Texts
- Eliminate Contrast Errors
- Fix Nested heading, Missing Captions, Broken Links, Empty Heading Tags
- All other necessary remediation
- Accessibility Toolbar setup
We used this approach and tested the full online support tool results page.