Helping Carers and the people they care for to stay safe at home 🌟
We’re excited to announce a groundbreaking development in carer support – a new WhatsApp feature that offers quick, personalised falls risk assessments, making us the first in the world to implement OpenAI’s Vision API in falls support and social care. The results from this new technology have been nothing short of amazing.
How did the idea come about? 💡
At the recent AI hackathon hosted by Microsoft and Elastacloud, our team harnessed the power of OpenAI’s Vision API.
This innovative technology has enabled us to create a tool within our WhatsApp system that revolutionises how carers assess the safety of their loved one’s living environment.
How does the Vision AI technology work? 🤔
At Bridgit Care, we’ve been working with Open AI (and their chat GPT product) for a while now, providing support across a number of different areas for carers from their caring role, to getting back into employment.
The Vision API was made available in November and we could immediately see how this could help our carer community.
For the above image with some training within the two days we where able to get the following advice from the Vision API, when asking for support for an elderly person, at risk of falls, and with poor eyesight.
How the Feature Works for Carers 📲🚶♂️🛡️
Carers can now simply take a few photos of their relative’s house, and our system, powered by the Vision API, quickly generates a comprehensive falls risk report. This report includes:
- Property Risk Score: An overall evaluation of the property’s fall risks.
- Room-by-Room Analysis: Specific hazard identification in each area.
- Practical, Low-Cost Solutions: Tailored recommendations for reducing risks.
The Benefits of This Feature
- Pioneering Technology: First-ever use of OpenAI’s Vision API for social care.
- Speed and Convenience: Receive a detailed risk assessment in just 30 seconds.
- Easy Accessibility: Available through the familiar WhatsApp platform.
- Personalised Advice: Customised solutions based on real-world conditions.
- Empowering Carers: Equips carers with crucial information for safer environments.
- Reduced Stress: Offers peace of mind about loved ones’ safety.
This feature marks a significant milestone in our commitment to leading AI innovation in social care. By integrating cutting-edge technology like OpenAI’s Vision API, we’re making caregiving safer and more manageable.
This feature is currently in test with a number of Local Authorities and if all goes to plan we’ll make it available for free to all UK carers in January.