The Trussell Trust support a nationwide network of food banks and provide emergency food and support to people locked in poverty.
They support and encourage food banks to provide compassionate, practical support to people in crisis to tackle the root causes that lock people into poverty and build people’s resilience so they are less likely to need a food bank in the future.
The Trussell Trust can locate your local food bank and will explain how to gain access to this helpful service.
- Carers’ Assessments and reviews
- Coffee and Chat support groups in North and Central Lancashire
- Regular magazines providing information on local groups, activities and courses
- Support for contingency and emergency planning
- A huge range of Digital resources
- Access to a CHAT line manned by empathetic and helpful people 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Access to Volunteer Befriending and Sitting in Services to help you take a break from caring and provide additional company and support
- Access to other community, health and wellbeing services
- Opportunities to volunteer, make friends and provide support for others
- Carers’ Awareness Brieﬁngs