Shout 85258 is a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope.
Trained volunteers are available 24/7 to listen and support you. Shout is a free, confidential, anonymous service for anyone in the UK. It won’t appear on your phone bill.
To start a conversation, text the word ‘SHOUT’ to 85258.
After you text you will receive four automated messages before you are connected to a Shout Volunteer. They will help you reach a calm, safe place and put a plan in place to help you support yourself.
Carers UK give expert advice, information and support to carers in order to make their life better.Carers UK are available to make sure that no matter how complicated your query or your experience, you don't have to care alone. They have an expert telephone advice and support service for if you want to talk about caring. And if you're looking for answers, they have online information and support. Carers UK continually campaign for carers rights, alongside having online support groups and volunteering opportunities.
- Carers’ Assessments and reviews
- Coffee and Chat support groups in North and Central Lancashire
- Regular magazines providing information on local groups, activities and courses
- Support for contingency and emergency planning
- A huge range of Digital resources
- Access to a CHAT line manned by empathetic and helpful people 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Access to Volunteer Befriending and Sitting in Services to help you take a break from caring and provide additional company and support
- Access to other community, health and wellbeing services
- Opportunities to volunteer, make friends and provide support for others
- Carers’ Awareness Brieﬁngs