Carers Support Centre has a team of Hospital Carer Liaison Workers who work at the BRI and Southmead Hospital.
They provide one-to-one support for carers whilst they, or the person they care for, are in hospital.
You can also get support for hospital discharge and the Hosptial Carer Liason Workers provide a valuable way of communicating with health professionals if the person you care for is in hospital.
We help you by:
- explaining hospital processes
- communicating needs or concerns toward staff
- emotional and End of Life support
- attending meetings with you
- ensuring you are involved in the care of the person you care for whilst they are in hospital, or supporting you to use the time to have a break from caring
- speaking to you about benefits, carer’s assessments and signposting you to other services
- reporting on your experiences to hospital management.