Do you worry about Mum, Dad, or another loved one living alone?
Bridgit Home Hub makes it easy to check-in no matter where you are, giving peace of mind for the whole family.
We’re helping people in the UK stay in their own homes for as long as possible.
We are inviting residents of York, Sheffield and North Lincs to take part in a trial of the Bridgit Home Hub that we think it will help.
The Bridgit Home Hub helps you live more independently and safely in your own home.
We are asking people like you to test the Bridgit Home Hub for 3 months.
At the end of the trial, we will ask you how it made a difference in your life.
Get peace of mind for the whole family in our free trial.
Bridgit Home Hub allows you to check-in with a loved one living alone.
It is powerful yet simple to install so your loved one doesn’t even need the internet.
Stay connected with your loved one.
No matter where you are, all family members using Bridgit App can see how your loved one is getting on.
We understand that older people want to retain their independence and be in the place they want to be.
We also understand that caring is hard and that you can’t be with your loved one 24/7 when they live alone.
With Bridgit you can check-in with your loved one to see if they are happy and healthy no matter where you are.
They’re reassured that even when you are not physically with them, you are supporting them.
“I wasn’t really well and was depressed before I got Bridgit.
It really helped me asking “how are you feeling today” because it made me think about how I really was feeling and to do something about it.
I spoke with my sister and she really helped by making me get up and do things.”
Lynn | Bridgit Home Hub owner
Kingston Upon Hull
“A while ago we were trying to get in touch with Uncle but he wasn’t answering his phone.
We live a bit away from him so we were a little worried. It’s only when we drove round we found he was actually okay and his phone had just died.
Now we have Bridgit installed we know he’s in and moving around the house without having to call him.”
Angela | Carer
Kingston Upon Hull
How to take part in the free trial?
The Bridgit trial is being offered to family carers and their loved ones in the York, Sheffield or North Lincs area.
We’re offering places on a first come first served basis.
Eligibility for the Bridgit Home Hub trial:
FOR FAMILY CARERS
FOR LOVED ONE
* We’re aware that an individual may be caring for more than one person. They can be included if they meet the loved one criteria above.
** We understand that more than one person can be involved in caring for a loved one. They can also be included if they meet the family carer criteria above.
If the person you care for is from the York area please apply by clicking the button below.
If the person you care for is from the Sheffield area please apply by clicking the button below.
If the person you care for is from North Lincs please apply by clicking the button below.
If the person you care for is from another area please apply by clicking the button below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Besides helping residents to live independently at home, the Home Hub can bring peace of mind to individuals and loved ones living alone. Used in such circumstances as a loved one leaving hospital but needs to be monitored.
The Home Hub units have been developed with the support of NHS England and are small portable units that attach to your fridge. They have multiple built in sensors that can monitor home conditions as well as allowing for simple messaging between you and your loved one.
- Monitoring home conditions – keeping track of your air quality, temperature, and humidity.
- Monitoring Physical and Mental Health and Wellbeing.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Set alerts and reminders for things like:
- – long-term medications,
- – appointment reminders
- – news headlines
- – alerts of changes in day-to-day activities.
- Send and receive simple text messages
- In order to take part in the study they must agree to at least one family member/carer to view the data and receive alerts on the Bridgit App on their mobile phone.
- You will be trialling a new technology that has been developed with the support of the NHS to help family carers and their loved ones across the UK and beyond.
- Helping them live independently and stay at home for longer.
- Lowering the number of people entering social care and health services.
- Reducing the strain on an already stretched team and saving the NHS a substantial amount of money.
- To support you and other residents stay safe and live independently.
- To get your feedback so we can gain a deeper understanding of the impact having the Home Hub has on yours and your loved ones life.
- Follow the simple Home Hub setup process at your loved ones home.
- Take two 30 minute calls from the Bridgit Care team.
- Give us your honest feedback on how you found the Home Hub.
- When you join the trial, we will provide you with a Home Hub free of charge.
- During the trial you will be asked a few questions about your experience with the Home Hub and the Bridgit App.
- We will provide you with a Home Hub for 3 months.
- Ask you to take two 30 minute calls to ask you a few questions about your lifestyle and your experience with the Home Hub.
- The Home Hub can be placed on your fridge or in a suitable position in your home with a good mobile signal.
- There is minimum setup with step by step instructions but we are also available to help you.
- You don’t need to have WiFi or the internet for the Home Hub to work.
- Depending on frequency of use, the Home Hub will need to be charged every couple of weeks but it will alert you when the battery is low.