Why don’t you try? : Try these tips to manage social anxiety
Things you can try to overcome social anxiety
Self-help can help reduce social anxiety and you might find it a useful first step before trying other treatments.
The following tips may help:
* try to understand more about your anxiety & by thinking about or writing down what goes through your mind and how you behave in certain social situations, it can help to keep a diary
* try some relaxation techniques, such as breathing exercises for stress
* break down challenging situations into smaller parts and work on feeling more relaxed with each part
* try to focus on what people are saying rather than just assuming the worst
You may also find it useful to read an NHS Apps Library .
There are several charities, support groups and online forums for people with social anxiety and other anxiety disorders, including:
* Anxiety UK
* a HealthUnlocked anxiety forum run by Anxiety Support
* Mind and YoungMinds
* Social Anxiety UK, who also have an online forum
* Triumph Over Phobia (TOP UK)
Here’s a tip for you to try this week :
Take some time to focus on when your anxiety is at its worst and why, writing down your thoughts and feelings, When you are most anxious use a relaxation technique such as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqfrbGtorBE,
You can visit the Bridgit Shop at anytime to find our what products and services can support you.