Care Affecting Your Working Role, Carer Support, Employment

I don’t know what support is available so i can stay in work

I don’t know what support is available so i can stay in work

Why don’t you try? : How can I keep working as a carer

Employers want to keep valuable staff.
Talk to your employer about how they can help you stay in work.
You might be able to work part-time, from home or job share. Although reduced hours would have an impact on your salary, you might think about combining work and caring as a solution.
Whether you choose to work, care or a combination of both, you are entitled to a carer’s assessment. This takes into account your needs (for example, if you want to work) and what help the person you care for might need in your absence.
Talk to you local Health and Social Care Trust for further information.

If you don’t want to become a carer
You could talk to family and friends to see if anyone else can take on the caring role. If the person you care for is assessed as needing care, the local health and social care (HSC) Trust has a duty to provide it. The Trust determines the type and regularity of care. You may find that some of the care is provided and you need to pay for the rest.

Source: NI Direct
Source: Pexels

Here’s a tip for you to try this week :

Book an appointment with a member of the Bridgit Carer Coach team, Enquire and book a Carers Assessment with your Local Authority or Local Carers Service regarding support you need as a carer., Have a discussion with your manager or supervisor about flexible working options, Find out about your workplace’s flexible working policy,

You can visit the Bridgit Shop at anytime to find our what products and services can support you.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *