NHS Active 10
The Active 10 walking app is a great way to help you monitor and gradually increase your brisk walking levels over time.
Brisk walking is walking faster than your usual pace to get your heart pumping. Every minute of activity counts, but aim for at least 10 minutes each day.
A daily brisk walk can make you feel better in so many ways. It can boost your energy, clear your head and lift your mood.
It can also help with many health issues, such as lower back pain and high blood pressure,as well as reducing your risk of serious illnesses like heart disease, anxiety, depression, type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
- employment rights,
- best practice and policies
- resolving workplace conflict
- Offering you additional support during this period. We know this can be a scary time.
- Talking to hospital staff to ensure you get the information you need whilst the person you care for is in hospital.
- Providing information about discharge processes and procedures and continuing care.