Sunderland Carers Centre runs groups to give carers the opportunity to meet others in a similar situation. These groups include:
- Carers Coffee Mornings: The Sunderland Carers Centre kitchen is available any time for carers to make themselves a coffee and a chat.
- Carers on the Move: enjoy the sights of Sunderland on foot while making friends and getting fit with a weekly walking group for carers, friends and family. Led by a trained walker on Thursday mornings.
- Crafty Cuppa Class: An informal course of craft-based activities, a regular get together for people of all abilities to learn some new skills, have a cuppa and just switch off for a while.
- In Touch Group: Monthly meeting for carers of adults with learning disabilities.
- Parent Carer Transition Group: Monthly group that is open to all Parent Carers caring for a young person aged 14 – 25.
- Partners Group: For couples where one partner has a physical disability or long-term illness.