The Lancashire Carer’s Service provide information, advice and a wide range of specialist support services designed to help Carers continue in their caring role for as long as they choose and reduce the impact the caring role can have on their own health and wellbeing.
This is achieved through work directly with individual Carers to discuss their concerns and needs, and design a tailored personalised support package.
Support available includes:
- Carers’ Assessments and reviews
- Coffee and Chat support groups in North and Central Lancashire
- Regular magazines providing information on local groups, activities and courses
- Support for contingency and emergency planning
- A huge range of Digital resources
- Access to a CHAT line manned by empathetic and helpful people 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Access to Volunteer Befriending and Sitting in Services to help you take a break from caring and provide additional company and support
- Access to other community, health and wellbeing services
- Opportunities to volunteer, make friends and provide support for others
- Carers’ Awareness Brieﬁngs
In addition all registered carers will be invited to join the Carers’ Community Network to share their experiences and make new friends.