I\’m having problems with my benefits

Why don\’t you try? : Resolving benefit problems

If you think a benefit or tax credit decision is wrong, you may be able to try and get it changed.
Decisions about your benefit or tax credit claim will be made by the DWP, HMRC or your local authority or council & depending on the claim.
Benefits advisers help with problems with benefits and tax credits. A benefits adviser may be able to:

  • Advise on what benefits you can claim.
  • Help with reviews and tribunal appeals.
  • Deal with disputes and delays.

Advice centres, law centres and charities provide advice free of charge.
You can get advice on universal credit, housing benefit, jobseeker\’s allowance, income support, tax credits and disability benefits.

How to find a benefits adviser
Some organisations give general benefits advice and others offer more specialist help. Citizens Advice Advice by phone, email and online chat.
Gingerbread Online information and a helpline for single parents.
Age UK Advice line 0800 678 1602.

Source: England Shelter
Source: Pexels

Here\’s a tip for you to try this week :

Book an appointment with a member of the Bridgit Carer Coach team, Gather all the information and details required ready for resolving your benefit issue.

You can visit the Bridgit Shop at anytime to find our what products and services can support you.

About The Author

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *