Why don’t you try? : Breathing exercises
- This calming breathing technique for stress, anxiety and panic takes just a few minutes and can be done anywhere.
- You will get the most benefit if you do it regularly, as part of your daily routine.
- You can do it standing up, sitting in a chair that supports your back, or lying on a bed or yoga mat on the floor.
- Make yourself as comfortable as you can. If you can, loosen any clothes that restrict your breathing.
- If you’re lying down, place your arms a little bit away from your sides, with the palms up. Let your legs be straight, or bend your knees so your feet are flat on the floor.
- If you’re sitting, place your arms on the chair arms.
- If you’re sitting or standing, place both feet flat on the ground. Whatever position you’re in, place your feet roughly hip-width apart.
- Let your breath flow as deep down into your belly as is comfortable, without forcing it.
- Try breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth.
- Breathe in gently and regularly. Some people find it helpful to count steadily from 1 to 5. You may not be able to reach 5 at first.
- Then, without pausing or holding your breath, let it flow out gently, counting from 1 to 5 again, if you find this helpful.
- Keep doing this for 3 to 5 minutes.
Here’s a tip for you to try this week :
Complete a relaxation technique in your home, once more relaxed try to find the source of your irritability and address it, Use this relaxation session to help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgOeC2JrIbg,
You can visit the Bridgit Shop at anytime to find our what products and services can support you.