Why don’t you try? : Find out about COVID support bubbles
Guidance on support bubbles was withdrawn on 19 July 2021. Read more about how to stay safe and help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) .
A support bubble is a support network which links 2 households. You have to meet certain eligibility rules to form a support bubble. This means not everyone will be able to form a support bubble.
Once you’re in a support bubble, you can think of yourself as being in one ‘household’. It means you can have close contact with the other household in your bubble as if they were members of your own household. This means you do not need to maintain social distance with people in your support bubble. If you form a support bubble, it is best if this is with a household who live locally. This will help prevent the virus spreading from an area where more people are infected.
Who can make a support bubble
Not everybody can form a support bubble. However, on 2 December the rules changed to widen eligibility for forming one.
You can form a support bubble with another household of any size if:
- You live by yourself & even if carers visit you to provide support
- You are the only adult in your household who does not need continuous care as a result of a disability
- Your household includes a child who is under the age of one or was under that age on 2 December 2020
- Your household includes a child with a disability who requires continuous care and is under the age of 5, or was under that age on 2 December 2020
- You are aged 16 or 17 living with others of the same age and without any adults
- You are a single adult living with one or more children who are under the age of 18 or were under that age on 12 June 2020
You should not form a support bubble with a household that is part of another support bubble.
Source: GOV UK
Image from Pixabay at Pexels
Here are a couple of tips for you to try this week :
- Use the gov.uk website this week to research what is a support bubble and the guidance alongside them.
- Plan and contact who meets the eligibility and who you would like to be in a support bubble with.
You can visit the Bridgit Shop at anytime to find our what products and services can support you.