Why don’t you try? : Get into the habit of eating breakfast each day
- “Creating the habit of eating in the morning is something you can build towards,” says dietitian Alison Hornby . “Start off with a light bite, such as a piece of fruit or low-fat yoghurt.
- “After a while, your morning appetite will naturally increase, and you’ll probably find you eat less throughout the day, including snacks.”
Breakfast doesn’t have to be boring! And it doesn’t have to take all morning to prepare, either. Change4Life has some great, healthy and easy breakfast ideas , all ready in 30 minutes or less! If you’re really pressed for time, a fruit smoothie can be whipped up in 5 minutes, such as this Blueberry and Banana one and even taken to go in a travel cup.
- Blueberry and banana smoothie
Alternatively, if you have a little time in the evening, why not prepare breakfast for the morning, ahead of time? Overnight oats are super quick and easy to prepare and you can leave them in the fridge so they are ready to grab and go in the morning.
- Strawberry and chocolate overnight oats
If you’d like something a little more substantial, you can prep some breakfasts ahead of time (maybe at the weekend, or a weeknight when you are more free) and freeze, and defrost in a couple of minutes in the microwave when you need them. Try these breakfast burritos or satisfy your sweet tooth with some easy sheet tray pancakes .
Here’s a tip for you to try this week :
- Eat breakfast every day for at least a week.
- Get out of bed 15 minutes earlier to make breakfast.
- Prepare your breakfast the night before so it won’t take you as long in the morning.
- Think of new breakfast ideas to stimulate you in the morning to want to have breakfast.
You can visit the Bridgit Shop at anytime to find our what products and services can support you.