Why don’t you try? : How to ease your headaches caused by stress
Find out what’s causing your headaches and try to do something about it.
If you think any of these could apply to you, it might be worth taking some remedial action. The most common reasons for headaches are:
- Having a cold or the flu.
- Drinking too much alcohol.
- Bad posture.
- Eyesight problems.
- Not eating regular meals.
- Not drinking enough fluids (dehydration).
- Taking too many painkillers.
- Women having their period or menopause.
How you can ease headaches yourself
- Drink plenty of water.
- Get plenty of rest if you have a cold or the flu.
- Try to relax & stress can make headaches worse.
- Take paracetamol or ibuprofen.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Do not skip meals (even if you might not feel like eating anything).
- Do not sleep more than you usually would & it can make the headache worse.
- Do not strain your eyes for a long time & for example, by looking at a screen.
Here’s a tip for you to try this week :
Are you drinking enough water or getting enough exercise throughout the day? Not looking after yourself by doing things such as these can bring upon physical health problems. Look into ways you can look after yourself better., Try to cut down on alcohol this week and see if that helps – set a limit for how many drinks you can have this week, Try to correct your posture. If you’re sitting for long periods of time, it might be worth investing in a chair with good back support, or adjusting your desk to keep your eyes level with your computer screen, If you feel like you are straining your eyes to see clearly, book an appointment at the opticians for an eye test to see if glasses/contact lenses could help,
You can visit the Bridgit Shop at anytime to find our what products and services can support you.