Why don’t you try? : Tackling anxiety
Anxiety, fear and panic
Most people feel anxious or scared sometimes, but if it’s affecting your life there are things you can try that may help.
Support is also available if you’re finding it hard to cope with anxiety, fear or panic.
Things you can try to help with anxiety, fear and panic
– [ ] try talking about your feelings to a friend, family member, health professional or counsellor.
– [ ] You could also contact Samaritans, call: 116 123 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you need someone to talk to
– [ ] use calming breathing exercises
– [ ] exercise & activities such as running, walking, swimming and yoga can help you relax
– [ ] find out how to get to sleep if you’re struggling to sleep
– [ ] eat a healthy diet with regular meals to keep your energy levels stable
– [ ] consider peer support, where people use their experiences to help each other.
– [ ] listen to free mental wellbeing audio guides
– [ ] search and download relaxation and mindfulness apps or online community apps from the NHS apps library
* do not try to do everything at once & set small targets that you can easily achieve
* do not focus on the things you cannot change & focus your time and energy into helping yourself feel better
* do not avoid situations that make you anxious & try slowly building up time spent in worrying situations to gradually reduce anxiety
* try not to tell yourself that you’re alone; most people experience anxiety or fear at some point in their life
* try not to use alcohol, cigarettes, gambling or drugs to relieve anxiety as these can all contribute to poor mental health
Further information and support
The mental health charity Mind offer more information on:
* self-care for anxiety
* understanding panic attacks
Your Mind Plan on the Every Mind Matters website sends personalised tips and advice to your email inbox.
Here’s a tip for you to try this week :
Research ways to control your anxiety such as challenging your anxious thoughts, setting aside time to worry or talking to someone about your anxieties such as your GP or charities such as Anxiety UK, Use this relaxation session to help keep you relaxed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgOeC2JrIbg,
You can visit the Bridgit Shop at anytime to find our what products and services can support you.