Carer Support, Finances

I keep paying for care out of my own pocket

I keep paying for care out of my own pocket

Why don’t you try? : How to pay for my loved ones care

You might be eligible for the local council to pay towards the cost of your care if you have less than £23,250 in savings. Exactly how much your council will pay depends on what care you need and how much you can afford to pay.

The first step is for your council to do an assessment to check how much help you need. This is called a needs assessment. The needs assessment is free and anyone can ask for one.

If you need care, the council will then do a financial assessment (means test) to work out what you will have to pay towards the cost of your care. The means test works out if: the council pays the full cost of your care the council pays some of the cost and and you pay the rest you pay for all of your care.
The financial assessment is free. You don’t need to book it & it’ll be arranged for you after your needs assessment.

Source: NHS
Source: Pexels

Here’s a tip for you to try this week :

Track and record what and how much you are spending out of your own pocket, Enquire and book a Needs Assessment with the relevant Local Authority regarding your loved ones support and financial needs., Enquire and book a Carers Assessment with your Local Authority or Local Carers Service regarding support you need as a carer., Use a benefits calculator such as Turn2Us or EntitledTo to see if your loved one may be entitled to any benefits.,

You can visit the Bridgit Shop at anytime to find our what products and services can support you.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *