Why don’t you try? : Find out about making improvements to their bathroom to make it suitable for their needs
If your loved one struggles when using their bathroom, there may be some adjustments that can be made to make it more accessible for them.
There’s a range of other equipment to help, examples include:
* walk-in showers and baths
* drop-down rails
* lever action taps
* high raised WCs and basins
* shower seats
Disabled Facilities Grants
You could get a grant from your council if you’re disabled and need to make changes to your home, for example to:
* widen doors and install ramps
* improve access to rooms and facilities – eg stairlifts or a downstairs bathroom
* provide a heating system suitable for your needs
* adapt heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use
The council needs to be happy that the work is:
* necessary and appropriate to meet the disabled person’s needs
* reasonable and can be done – depending on the age and condition of the property
Apply for equipment for your home if you’re disabled
If you need to adapt your home because of a disability or old age, you can apply to the council for equipment or help.
Here’s a tip for you to try this week :
Look into what are the main concerns and create an action plan of what needs to be changed first, Speak to the local authority for a home assessment if required and suitable, Look into Disabled Facilities Grants,
You can visit the Bridgit Shop at anytime to find our what products and services can support you.