Caring Role

I’m not sure how to finance respite care

Why don’t you try? : Find out about financing respite care

Local authorities will only pay for respite care for people who they have assessed as needing it following an assessment. This can be a needs assessment for the person who needs the care, or a carer’s assessment for the person who is doing the caring.
Contact social services at your local council and ask for a needs assessment. You can call them or do it online.
Contact adult social services at your local council and ask for a carer’s assessment.

Source: NHS
Source: Pexels

Here’s a tip for you to try this week :

Find out if you can get help from your local authority with a financial assessment within the carer assessment, Spend time this week looking at finances and whether you or the person you care would be able to contribute to any respite care costs, Book an appointment with your local carers service about respite care in your area and what options are available, Book a call with the Bridgit carer coach support team about your options and guidance,

You can visit the Bridgit Shop at anytime to find our what products and services can support you.

Ask Bridgit for an interactive carer assessment

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *