advice, Caring Role, Equipment

I need help keeping my loved one safe in their home

I need help keeping my loved one safe in their home

Why don’t you try? : Find equipment to help keep your loved one safe in their home

Personal alarms and security systems (telecare) are devices that call for help if you, or someone you know, falls or has a problem at home.
They range from basic alarms to intercom systems that allow family members to see who’s knocking at your door.
For example, they can be triggered if:

  • You fall over or out of bed
  • You have a fit
  • You wander off or get lost
  • The room is too hot or too cold

Home security

Home security helps you to stay safe at home. There’s a wide range of devices that alert your family or carers if there’s a problem.
They include:

  • A small device (such as a watch) that uses GPS to tell people your location if you get lost.
  • Intercom systems that show family who’s at your door and allows them to open doors.
  • Gadgets that alert a call centre if there’s a problem.
  • Systems that turn off electricity or gas mains if they detect danger.
  • Gadgets that remind you to take medicine.

You can change a system to include what you need. There are sensors to show:

  • If it’s too hot or too cold.
  • An oven that’s been left on.
  • When doors open.
  • If you stop moving.
  • If you fall out of bed.

Source: NHS
Source: Pexels

Here’s a tip for you to try this week :

Assess where you feel there is a problem regarding safety, is it with the individual directly or regarding their home safety, Look into purchasing personal safety aids such as personal alarms, Bridgit home hub and falls watch, Look into other safety aids for the home such as house alarms, key safes and intercoms,

You can visit the Bridgit Shop at anytime to find our what products and services can support you.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *